Thursday, November 13, 2014

Laggies

The current generation is facing mounting pressures of finding a steady job as well as settling down the minute they graduate from college. Sure, it's something that previous generations have been taught as well but considering the present state of the economy, the job market and the housing market, they're a bit harder to achieve nowadays.

But of course there are those who feel overwhelmed at their future. (I myself am currently in this situation.) All of the options are there but they don't want to grow up just yet. They just don't want to face all that responsibility so quickly.

Lynn Shelton's Laggies is one such film that revolves around those in the latter situation. Sure, there have been countless films focusing on mid-life crises but what about a quarter-life crisis? Surely you yourself have had one. (I've had several in the last few years.)

Starring in Laggies is Keira Knightley, an actress I've had mixed feelings towards. But here, she has finally won me over. (Okay, this and The Imitation Game.) It was as I was watching the film that I realized that she was more than just the prim and proper lady of various costume dramas.

Laggies is good but if you've seen enough chick flicks, it's rather predictable. Knightley, Chloe Grace Moretz and Sam Rockwell are good but even they can't salvage this. Still, it's a cute enough date movie.

My Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.