Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WALL-E

I don't usually watch animated movies because a majority of them are completely ridiculous. But often when I need an animation fix, I turn to the people of Pixar to deliver a good movie.

WALL-E (Ben Burtt) is a robot that is designed to clean up the garbage-covered Earth in the year 2805. After spending seven hundred years alone, WALL-E starts to become lonely. Enter EVE (Elissa Knight), a robot scout from outer space. A romance soon forms.

I stated on an earlier post that WALL-E was my favorite movie of the 2000's. I stated my reasons on that post, but it wasn't good enough. Here are my actual reasons: it's visually stunning and it tugs at the heartstrings. In some ways, it's like 2001: A Space Odyssey for kids.

My Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. Its a nice family oriented movie full of robots. Thought the movie is filled with romance but it is adventurous too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.